This yummy cake is steam cooked, and is very popular in a Dim Sum restaurant , where it can be ordered by the slice, why don’t we try to make this fluffy and moist Chinese steam cake at home with easy steps , plus a bit of ginger flavor too…
Ma Lai Go~ Cantonese Steam Cake…
1： canola oil-20 gm. Brown Sugar 120-150 gm.
Milk 150 ml ( mix with 1 tsp dry yeast , set aside)
2 : Milk powder 30 gm (2 tbsp) ( or corn flour ,optional )
custard powder 30 gm (2 tbsp)
Self raising cake flour 1 cup ( measuring cup)
Dry yeast 1 tsp ( mix with warm milk )
3: egg…….4 large or 5 small
4: Ginger Extract 2 tbsp ( best with fresh ginger juice)
1: microwave milk 25 seconds, mix with 1 tsp dry yeast , set aside.
2. Beat eggs till light and foamy,slowly add sugar ,again mix lightly, till all sugar dissolves.
3. Add milk and ginger essence to the egg mixture and mix well.
4. Sift the flour, custard powder and milk powder in a bowl…..
5. Quickly fold in all the flour into the egg mixture.
Make sure all the flour is combined, add oil, blend evenly.
6. Set the mixture aside (cover with lid) for final fermentation for about at least 6 hours
(Best fermentation for overnight,never fail tip…)
7: Line bamboo steamer or cake pan (7″) with parchment paper.
8: Preheat the steamer by bringing the water to a boil with the lid on.
Make sure there is enough water…..
9: Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Lightly cover the pan with foil,
place the pan on the steaming rack,steam for 30 minutes with high heat.
10: Remove pan and cool at least 5 mins before slicing, serve warm.
Done and enjoy.
Leave a Reply