durian Chiffon Cake
A: yolk batter
200g Durian flesh
( I only use the frozen one, fresh one is highly recommended )
1/2 cup fresh milk or fresh cream
(Put durian flesh and milk into a blender, blend till smooth and sieve, set aside )
5 egg yolks
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup of castor sugar
2 tbsp corn oil
1/3 cup of cake flour + 1/4 cup of corn starch , sieve and set aside.
B: Meringue ..egg white
6 egg whites
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 cup castor sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 300° F
2. Prepare a super clean 9 inches cake pan ( non greasy)
3. a- yellow team
Whisk egg yolk, sugar till smooth
4. Add oil and whisk
5. Add durian mixture and whisk
6. Add sieved flour, add salt and fold lightly into mixture
7. b- white team
Whisk whites at low speed till foamy
8. Add salt and beat at high speed till bubbles
9. Gradually add sugar and beat till just before soft peaks.
10: Fold whites into batter 1/3 at a time, and fold lightly
- Pour batter into cake pan and tap the pan on the counter to release air bubbles.
- Bake 55-60 mins in a preheated oven 300 F.
- Open the door of the oven slightly at the end of the baking for 10 mins for the cake to cool.
- De-pan the cake carefully when it is completely cool down.( at least 3 hours )
- Done and enjoy.