Pandan Chiffon Cake with Coconut Sugar
A: yolk batter
-50 ml fresh milk or fresh cream 150 ml fresh blended Pandan juice
-Fresh Pandan juice….
-8 egg yolks
-1 piece coconut sugar 60 g
-2 tbsp corn oil
-1 tbsp of condensed milk
-1 cup of cake flour + 1/4 cup of corn starch , sieve and set aside.
B: Meringue ..egg white
9 egg white
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 cup castor sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 300° F
2. Prepare a super clean 9 inches cake pan or tube pan ( non greasy)
3. a- yellow team
Whisk egg yolk with pounded coconut sugar and 1 tbsp condensed milk till smooth …
4. Add oil , Pandan juice mixture and whisk
5. Add sieved flour, and fold lightly into mixture
7. b- white team
Whisk whites at low speed till foamy
8. Add salt and beat at high speed till bubbles
9. Gradually add sugar and beat till just before soft peaks.
- Fold whites into batter 1/3 at a time, and fold lightly .
2. pour batter into cake pan and tap on the counter to release air bubbles
3. bake 60 minutes in a preheated oven 300 F
4. open the door of the oven slightly at the end of baking for 10 mins for the cake to cool .
Use a skewer inserted into the center of the cake come out clean, then it is ready to remove out from oven.
. Let the cake completely cool down in the pan upside down on the rack before removing from the pan
( at least 3 hours )
5. de -pan the cake carefully when it is completely cool .( at least 3 hours )