This dish can be prepared a few days ahead and ideal for last minute rush , a popular starter
serve hot or cold with easy and simple steps for you and all..
1 – 2 skinless chicken legs including thigh ( personal choice of skinless )
-cleaned and de-boned .
2 – chicken broth 500 ml
3 – 3 stalk spring onion
4 – Saki or or any rice wine of your own favor …300 ml
5 – 2 tbsp goji berries , 8 pitted red dates
6 – couples longan pulp
7 – some salt, sesame oil and pepper for marinade
1 – clean chicken into running cold water , add 1 tsp of salt and soak for a while (5 minutes )
– drain ,set aside.
2 – chop chicken lightly so as to flatten the meat and marinade fully with
– 2 tbsp salt, sesame oil and pepper for couples minute.. (10- 15 minutes)
3 – use foil paper to wrap the chicken firmly as shown in the photos below….
4 – arrange on a steaming tray and steam over high heat for 10 minutes,
– turn off the heat and rest for 10 minutes..
– remove the foil paper , cool and set aside , meanwhile preparing the drunken marinade..
5 – drunken marinade…
1- add chicken broth onto a pot, add spring onion, red dates , goji berries and longan..
– bring to boil and set aside till cool…
2- add 300 ml Saki to the cooled sauce , mix well .
– give it a quick taste, add salt to taste as desired .
* wine flavor is totally personal choice ; however too much wine the chicken might be a bit bitter ,
– so a bit less or more is adjustable accordingly. *
3 – put the chicken in the container or a ziplock bag , pour the marinade so it covers the chicken
-and soak over night in the fridge the best.
6 – Finally take out the meat and cut into 1/2 inch slices, serve cold as a starter or side with noodles .