This is a all time favorite and very popular Malay and Indonesia dish which almost can be found everywhere in Malaysia and Indonesia restaurants. This is a simple version by using ready made paste plus a bit extra here and there . A * 💥Hot * dish with shorter time to prepare , an aromatic caramelized beef curry and mouth watering dish served with rice….
1 : beef brisket 1 kg ( 850-900 gm )
– blanch and cut into 4 cm thick cubes
2 : 4 head garlic 8 shallots 2 stalks lemongrass 1 package of Rendang paste
* or you make your own paste…
– 2 cm thick galangal ( lengkuas ) , 3 cm thick turmeric 3 cm thick ginger , 5 -6 red chili..
– all grounded and mix with 3 tbsp of oil
3 : 300 ml coconut milk 5 tbsp of shredded coconut
– 350 ml water 3 tbsp cooking oil pinch of salt or to taste
-2 -3 tbsp palm sugar or brown sugar (grounded )
1 – a : beef clean, blanch with vinegar , drain , trim the edge fat and cut into 4 cm thick cubes
b : toast shredded coconut on a dry wok till slightly brown and fragrant…
– dish up and set aside …
2 – heat up oil onto a wok , saute grounded garlic, shallots and lemongrass …
– add 1 package Rendang paste and stir fry 1 minutes… or until fragrant…
3 – add beef cubes , add half coconut milk , half toasted shredded coconut..
– and stir fry until aromatic….
– add in water , bring to boil , cook with slow heat until meat is tender…
– about 45 minutes…
– add in sugar, salt to taste and the remaining coconut milk , shredded coconut
-…and cook until the gravy is dry…(about 15-20 minutes )
4 – Taste , dish onto serving plate and serve with rice or bread..yum yum.😋
~Totally my favorite dish all year round !